If you are planning a wedding, the last thing you want is for something to go wrong on your big day. From a wedding dress malfunction to a missing bouquet, there are plenty of unpredictable things that can ruin your special day.
To make sure your big day goes off without a hitch, you should create an emergency wedding day survival kit. This kit should include all the essential items you might need to make sure your wedding turns out perfect.
Here are the top 40 items to include in your emergency wedding day survival kit.
1. Sewing Kit: A sewing kit is a must-have in any emergency wedding day survival kit. It should include a variety of needles, threads, scissors, and other items you might need to make a quick repair for clothing or decorations.
2. Safety Pins: Safety pins come in handy for a variety of emergency fixes, from broken straps to torn hems. Make sure you include a few of these in your emergency kit.
3. Double-Sided Tape: Double-sided tape is great for quick fixes, like reattaching fallen hems or securing loose straps. It’s also great for sticking decorations to walls without damaging the paint.
4. Fabric Stain Remover: Wedding dresses, especially white ones, are prone to stains. Make sure you have a fabric stain remover on hand in case of an emergency.
5. Lint Roller: Lint rollers are great for removing pet hair and lint from clothes, upholstery, and carpets. Have one on hand in case of a last-minute lint emergency.
6. Snacks & Water: Weddings can be long and tiring, so make sure you include some snacks and water in your emergency kit. This will help keep you and your wedding party energized throughout the day.
7. Hairbrush & Comb: A hairbrush and comb are essential for emergency hairstyle touch-ups. Make sure you include them in your kit.
8. Bobby Pins & Hair Elastics: Bobby pins and hair elastics can come in handy for securing unruly hairstyles or for making quick fixes.
9. Lip Balm: To make sure your lips stay soft and moisturized throughout the day, include a lip balm in your emergency kit.
10. Makeup: Have some extra makeup on hand in case of an emergency. This could include concealer, foundation, eyeshadow, and mascara.
11. Tissues: Tissues are great for cleaning up makeup smudges and wiping away tears. Make sure you include them in your kit.
12. Nail File & Clippers: In case of a nail emergency, make sure you have a nail file and clippers on hand.
13. Hairspray: Hairspray is great for keeping hairstyles in place throughout the day.
14. Extra Earrings & Necklaces: To make sure you have back-up jewelry in case of an emergency, include some extra earrings and necklaces in your kit.
15. Mints: Mints are great for freshening your breath before taking photos or speaking.
16. Deodorant & Perfume: Have some deodorant and perfume on hand in case you need a quick refresher.
17. Painkillers: Painkillers can be a lifesaver for headaches, muscle aches, and other pains.
18. Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is great for keeping your hands clean and germ-free.
19. Band-Aids: Band-Aids are great for covering up blisters or small cuts.
20. Sunscreen: If you’re having an outdoor wedding, don’t forget the sunscreen.
21. Insect Repellent: Insect repellent is a must-have if you’re having an outdoor wedding.
22. Extra Shoes: Have a few extra pairs of shoes on hand in case of an emergency.
23. Phone Charger: Make sure you have a phone charger in your kit in case any of your electronics die.
24. Flashlight: A flashlight can come in handy if you need to find something in a dark corner.
25. Spare Keys: Have some spare keys to your venue on hand in case you need to get into a locked room.
26. Extra Bouquet: Have an extra bouquet on hand in case you or your bridesmaids misplace theirs.
27. Extra Vows: Have a copy of your vows on hand in case you forget them.
28. Extra Invitations: In case of a last-minute guest, make sure you have some extra invitations in your kit.
29. Extra Pen: Have an extra pen on hand in case you need to sign a document or write down a name.
30. Extra Cash: Have some extra cash on hand in case you need to make an emergency purchase.
31. Extra Phone Battery: Have an extra phone battery on hand in case your phone dies.
32. Extra Batteries: Have some extra batteries on hand in case any of your electronics need them.
33. Extra Camera Battery: Have an extra camera battery on hand in case your photographer’s camera dies.
34. Extra Phone Chargers: Have some extra phone chargers on hand in case you need to charge multiple phones.
35. Extra Umbrellas: Have some extra umbrellas on hand in case of rain.
36. Extra Lighter & Matches: Have an extra lighter and matches on hand in case you need to light any candles.
37. Extra Lights: Have some extra lights on hand in case of a power outage.
38. Extra Hair Accessories: Have some extra hair accessories on hand in case of a last-minute hair emergency.
39. Extra Toothbrush & Toothpaste: Have an extra toothbrush and toothpaste on hand in case of an emergency.
40. Extra Towels: Have some extra towels on hand in case of a last-minute spill.
Having an emergency wedding day survival kit can save you from a lot of stress and hassle on your big day. Make sure you include all the items listed above in your kit to make sure your wedding goes off without a hitch.